Strain Tactics is a real-time-with-pause tactical game, where you command a squad of soldiers to liberate earth from an alien infestation. Using your helibase, deploy your custom squad and provide air support. Remember to keep your crew sane and motivated while staying clear of alien contamination!
About This GameStrain Tactics is a real-time-with-pause tactical game, where you command a squad of soldiers to liberate earth from an alien infestation. Featuring 80 playable characters and over 150 unique items and weapons, the game challenges players to defeat enemies by commanding customizable ground teams from their Helibase overhead. Players can indulge in a variety of scenarios across over 30 different maps, and the sandbox-style mechanics allows users to approach the maps according to their play style.
- Build and command your own 1-5-member heliborne task force.
- Choose from over 80 playable characters with unique personalities and traits, and equip their 1-3 inventory slots with countless weapon and item combinations.
- Choreograph your team’s actions in real time with a fast and dynamic drag-control system, alongside traditional RTS-style controls.
- Freedom to focus on simply positioning your squad and observe like a traditional RTS, or micromanage them like a top-down shooter!
- Defend your Helibase, and protect your team from above with miniguns, autocannons, and more.
- Manage your team’s mental health. Keep your squad topped up with happy pills, or deploy emotionless combat droids.
- Protect your task force from contamination, or watch them erupt into even more strain.
- Level up your units, and revive fallen team members by body-bagging (or selling their corpses for points).
- Travel to over 30 unique maps with various scenarios including Hunter-Killer, Escort, Retrieval, Perimeter Defence, and more.
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Storage: 400 MB available space