Train Simulator: GWR Nunney Castle Steam Loco Add-On
About This ContentOne of the most well-liked and successful locomotives of the Great Western Railway, 5029 Nunney Castle depicted in preservation form, steams into Train Simulator courtesy of Partner Programme Developer Bossman Games.
5029 Nunney Castle was built in 1934 as one of 171 'Castle' Class locomotives built by the GWR and spent much of her working life based at Old Oak Common in London but also had spells at Worcester and further west into Devon. Toward the end of her life she operated out of Cardiff, from where she travelled to London, into Wales and north to Shrewsbury and Birmingham.
In 1964 she was retired by British Railways and sent to Barry Scrap yard in Wales. She remained there for a full 12 years before being rescued and was first returned to steam at Didcot Railway Centre in 1990 with main line certification follow soon thereafter. In the late 1990s Nunney Castle underwent another overhaul that saw the fitting of air brake equipment and changes to her tender to increase water capacity.
2012 saw Nunney Castle back in the engine shed for an intermediate overhaul to her 'bottom end' - the wheels, frames and motion - before enjoying a two-year stint back on the main line. She is currently withdrawn from service and undergoing an overhaul that will see her return to the main line soon.
The locomotive is Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive Nunney Castle on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam.
Scenarios may be available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.
- Includes GWR 5029 Nunney Castle in three preserved liveries as carried between 2000 and 2015
- Support Coach with added flashing tail and high intensity lamps
- Accurate sounds recorded directly form 5029 Nunney Castle
- Dual Brake capability
- Realistic firing control
- Automatic fireman
- Electrical Supply to AWS System can be switched on and off
- AWS self-test
- Realistic Steam Chest simulation
- Reverser lock
- 3D firebox
- Animated internal valve gear
- 14 authentic headboards
- 6 Quick Drive Consists
- Improved firebox simulation
- Quick Drive compatible
- Download size: 155.2 MB
- OS:Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:4 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:40 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics:Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required